|Life Care, Advance Care Planning & Elder Care Consultation with Transitions|
Transitions Elder Care LLC provides a thorough assessment of needs and implements a plan of care to address each need. As each person and situation is unique, so is our care plan. We get to know each individual personally which allows us to construct a plan specific to their needs. Many seniors need assistance starting their day with showering, dressing, preparing breakfast and taking medications. Some simply need companionship and conversation. Let us create a personalized solution and provide medical/ non-medical support for you and your loved one(s).
- Thorough on-site assessment of physical and safety needs including daily living review
- Review of family and community supports
- In facility evaluation to confirm client is receiving proper and thorough care
- Coordinate PRI and senior housing placement
- Preparation & submission of applications for VA benefits, Medicaid, SNAP and HEAP
- Negotiate with Medicare, Medicaid, insurers and health care providers
- Provide a network & referral services for legal, financial, health care, and reverse mortgage
- Pre-need funeral planning
- Advance Directives and Health Care Proxy
- Coordinate home based health services; home health aides, nutrition, physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Relocation services to/from a home, retirement community or rehabilitation facility
- Recommendation and procurement of assistive devices and technological services
- Provide advocacy for the disabled including submission of SSI benefits.
Has the Time Come?
According to the Census Bureau, by the year 2050 at least 70% of people 65 and older will need long term care services. We believe most people want to remain in the comfort of their homes for as long as possible without losing their freedom. Are you noticing that your loved ones need home care as they age? Most people are concerned with whether their parent(s) are safe at home or in the facility they may have chosen. As the senior population increases there may be children that are working or live far away. Therefore, it may be difficult for family members to assist when a crisis or change occurs. Many also feel they are making compromises in their life for the sake of their loved one(s).
Our support gives peace of mind to clients and their families by providing a friendly, caring professional who knows the client and ensures caring continuity through life's many changes. We partner with community agencies to ensure your loved ones can stay safe and healthy, living in the setting of their choice, for as long as possible. We take the confusion out of navigating through the numerous care services in the community by striving to carefully select professionals who deliver optimum care. We also advocate for those residing in facilities.
Director of Senior Services
Kathy's passion comes from assisting many family members as they've aged. Her dedication ensures that
optimum services are provided for her clients through a network of support and services. Kathy's marketing and
advertising background is
evident in producing informational and
educational materials. Kathy holds a Degree in
Marketing and has an extensive background in Management.
She has a Certificate in Geriatric Care Management from Stony Brook University and is a Notary Public.
She is also a member of the Port Jefferson & Three Village Chambers of Commerce.
Elder Care Consultant
Marti is a compassionate and
enthusiastic advocate for her
clients, whether it's for Advance Directives or for Home Care
Services. Her extensive legal background aids with the
complexities involved in
Medicaid and VA applications. Marti's professionalism and dedication led her to a career path in Elder Care.
She has a Certificate in Geriatric Care Management from Stony Brook
University, and a Certificate in Gerontology from SUNY Farmingdale. Marti is also an Accredited
Medicaid Planner and a member of the Port Jefferson & Three Village Chamber of Commerce.
Call Today For a Complimentary Meet & Greet
100 N. Country Road, Suite 1, Setauket, NY 11733.
Securities offered through Lombard Securities, Inc. member FINRA/SIPC.